Sunday, July 10, 2011

the joy of friends

My insides are churning. I'm a nervous wreck. Court awaits me and I don't know what to expect & am uncertain about the certain changes that will happen. Soon. Very soon.

So I call some of my closest friends. I am so lucky. So lucky that I have a handful of girls that would fight to the ends of the earth for me. Yes me, little old me. That makes me so grateful. They seem like little angels of encouragement.

And one of those dear friends says something to me that was the most incredible compliment I have ever heard.
"You know they were talking today at church about joyfulness. About people finding joy in everything. And I kept thinking of you. You are always joyful, joyful, joyful no matter what- even with all of the terrible things that have happened to you." I started crying immediately---tears of joys, I suppose. That comment hit home with me because it felt so true. And it made me even more joyful to have a friend that knew that about me--I've been smiling ever since.

It was just the cup of "joyfulness" I needed.

After you read this, count your blessings. I bet you can find joy in all of the great things in your life too. I'm counting mine tonight. No matter what happens in my life I know I will have wonderful friends that always bring me joy.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Stay strong my sweet friend! Thinking about you in this time of uncertainty and wishing you MUCH strength!