Thursday, July 30, 2009

zander and lightning

Remember how I said a few months ago that I would post regularly for "myself". Yep.......I wrote that before I was going through the "I am now four and I'm a big boy" stage. There are times that stage drives me crazy and makes me want to cry and there are MORE times I just look at him and think, "Wow, I'm so proud of you."
Regardless of how I'm thinking.......the new stage takes up a lot of my time.

I have wanted to post photos of his birthday all week. I'm just now sorting through them all. And it is also past midnight ( because this is THE ONLY time of day I have to myself without kids or a dear husband), and I'm tired, so no pics tonight....only this video.

Here is Zan in his new Lightning McQueen car (thanks to Granddad). He loves it and rides in it all the time. This is a video of when he first got it. I was so proud of his sweet generosity when he rode it for about 10 seconds and said, "Here Kaya, do you want a turn?" And he is still sharing.......amazing!

He also told Grandma and Granddad when he was riding the car that he thought the car was built for storms........Granddad had told him (when it was thundering in the distance) that you should always put the car in the garage just in case it rains. Zander said, "I think this car is built for storms." His grandparents said why? Zan answered, "Well, his name is LIGHTNING McQueen so I think he can stay out in storms."

The other cute thing was today when he rode out for an adventure in the neighborhood. He was riding for an "adventure" to Nashville to see his friends Brandon & Avery.......but the battery died....Matt then had to carry the big car home (Matt carried it on his head all the way home---and I wonder why my kids are so silly!). So B & A----come see us soon.......our battery won't make it to your house!



No comments: