Thursday, October 8, 2009

lunchtime conversation

My greatest moments of laughter is usually when I hear the kids conversing with each other and I am not around. This afternoon, I went upstairs to put some clothes in the dryer while the kids were finishing lunch.

I heard Kaya say, "Zander, your new name is Hamster." (She loves to give people new names, my newest name is Hot-peep).

Zander said, "Kaya you can only call me Hamster if you know how to spell Hamster."

She answers, "H. R. D. N. Y."

He then says, "Well, your new name is Rod Stewart."

Kaya, "Who is Rod Stewart?"

Zander replies, "Rod Stewart is one of mommy's best friends."

Hope all of you are having a great day. Hot-peep, Hamster, and Rod Stewart are now going out to enjoy some sunshine!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute!!!

RYD said...

Thanks for making me smile. I needed that.

8invitations.com said...

So funny. Avery just quoted a Zanderism yesterday, but I am too tired to think of it now. A good reason to write you tomorrow when she is awake :)

Miraz said...

You have Rod Stewart as your friend ??? Wow !! Now I can tell my friends - I have a friend who's a friend of Rod's :-)