Tuesday, May 12, 2009

mid-year's resolution


I guess it isn't actually mid-year yet but I think it is time to make a new one.  A new resolution, that is.  I have missed blogging so much.  My life has been sooo busy......busy with activities,  busy with the trials of my kids' many moods,  busy with the daily grind of life.  So busy that I have taken time away from one thing I really enjoy----writing about and sharing the day-to-day joys that make life worth living.  Sharing with you guys and hearing your comments.  And looking back at the moments that make me smile (in between the moments that make me want to pull my hair out). That is why posting my little snippets of life makes me so happy.

My New Years Resolution was to take a nap every day.  For the most part,  I have.  I have loved this resolution because it wasn't something that made me change for others or make myself better.  It was something that made me happy.

I hope my mid-year resolution makes me just as happy.  And I may have days I don't follow through (just like the naps) but for the most part,  I'll be here.

Here is my first happy time to share with all of you guys.  I have many pictures and stories to share the next few days.....enjoy.

The Children's Museum Pajama Party

Matt was out of town and I thought, why not take the kids to this special event?  I'll be honest the day of......I was apprehensive.  The kids were grouchy.  Kaya had the worst nap-time (or non nap-time) ever.   And I really just wanted to stay at home and take it easy.

But I loaded us up to go to the special event.

I'm so glad I did.  It was one of my favorite nights ever with the kids.


The facility had everything so well-organized.  There was food,  crafts,  story-time,  a parade,  and all of the regular things at the museum the kids love to participate in.








Their favorite part was the Dragon, however.  They loved seeing him and chasing him around to give him hugs.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this fun night with me. Looks like the kids had lots of fun!