Tuesday, April 14, 2009

unexpected stops....date day





Am I the only one?  Does life sometimes feel like a sleigh ride?  

I haven't ever been on an actual "sleigh ride" but it does feel like my life is doing that now.  I swish, swoop, turn....just trying to reach the destination.  The only reason is it doesn't always seem fun because I feel like I'm pulling the reins.

I just noticed that I had not blogged in a week.  A WEEK!  But it feels like my life has been in overload with the scheduling of fun play-dates,  the scrambling to get meals on the table, the ongoing quest to have a liveable, clean house.  What is going on?  Then, you throw in the fact that my 2 kids are acting like typical, defiant, 2-3 year olds........let's not even talk about that drama!

So it is nice to take a little break from our ride to just enjoy life.

Like, Date Day.  

Last week,  Matt told me "I think I need to arrange a date with Kaya."  "I need some one-on-one time with her."

So, of course,  I arranged some one-on-one time with Zander.

All of us had a great time.  The funny thing is they both wanted to do the same thing.  They both wanted to see Monsters vs. Aliens.  I took Zander to see the 3-D version ( which I highly recommend by the way,  so cool!).  
We both told the kids they could pick where they wanted to go to lunch.  They both wanted sushi.  So we had sushi and watched a movie ( at different places, of course).






Here we are all getting ready for our "dates"!  So much fun!!! I just hope my "sleigh ride" slows down enough soon to have a date with my Mattie........I miss spending alone time with him too!

No comments: