Tuesday, November 25, 2008

crafty trees

A few days ago, Zander kept asking me if he could have a tree in his room.  Being the softie I am for his big brown eyes,  and being the fanatic I am over Christmas decorations---I said, "Yes!".
The rest of the house has yet to be decorated (Matt refuses to get them down until after Thanksgiving) but for some reason, the kids' rooms don't always follow the guidelines for the rest of the house (they have brightly colored walls too.....while the rest of the house is the standard factory house-paint color,  still).

Each room has a prelit,  4 foot tree.  It was so fun decorating them with the themes the kids chose.  Kaya's pink tree is decorated with a Winnie-The-Pooh theme.  I found Pooh figurines at the Dollar Tree that I attached the to tree with rubberbands.  I also used Pooh flashcards (I punched a hole in the top and tied with ribbon) and foam Pooh Puzzle pieces.  We added candy canes and silver balls throughout the tree.  For the topper,  I attached a Pooh and Piglet soft ice-pack.





Zander's tree is Car themed.  He is fascinated by it.  The first day he kept sitting in his chair just to stare at it.  Just like his mama,  he loves a Christmas tree.
We used rubberbands to attach the matchbox cars.  I also found a foam puzzle with the Cars movie theme that we hung to the branches.  We finished his his balls and candy canes also.



Do you have any special Christmas tree or decorations you would like to share?  I'd love to hear about them!

No comments: