Thursday, November 6, 2008

easy chicken and potatoes

Due to my very generous friends and dear family, I haven't had to worry about dinner-time for a long time now. This week, I'm easing back into my "real life" again and doing things like cooking. Which I have missed, a lot. There is something soothing and comforting about planning my family meals and preparing them each day.

Although I've missed it, I'm also not crazy. So for the next few weeks I'll be making easy meals. I'm making one of my old, favorite, easy meals right now in the crockpot. I thought I'd share it with you--

Crockpot Italian Chicken and Potatoes

Cut up 3-4 cups of potatoes (skin on or off, your preference) and put in bottom of crockpot. Top with one package of chicken breasts (3-4 pieces). The breasts can be fresh or frozen.....no need to cook, just throw in there! Pour in one small bottle of Italian flavored salad dressing. My favorite is Kraft Seven Seas Viva Italian. Add 4-5 shakes of Grated Parmesan cheese. Cook on low all day. It is finished when potatoes are tender, almost mushy, and chicken can shred easily with spoon or fork.


This is so easy and only takes a few minute of prep time......enjoy! Complete the meal with a side salad or your favorite green veggie.

No comments: