Tuesday, November 4, 2008

let's go voting

I was ready to vote bright and early this morning. I was fortunate enough to have a perfect little assistant to help me with my voting. I took Zander with me because I remember as a child voting with my parents. It seemed much cooler then though with the levers on the machines and pulling the curtain around you (very wizard-of-ozish).

But the excitement of voting must be contagious for young ones. Zander very patiently waited outside in the parking lot with me for 1 hour and 45 minutes. He kept squeezing his hands up to his face and saying "Are we going to vote?" excitedly, about every 2 minutes. He thought the whole process was so intriguing and especially loved getting his "I'm a Georgia Voter" sticker.



After waiting for so long I thought he would want to go home.....especially since we had donuts waiting at the house to eat with Kaya and Grandma. But after I cast my ballot he immediately wanted to go wait in line and vote again. As grandma said, "Such a good little democrat." He can't wait for Daddy to come home from work early so he can once again, go voting.

I hope everyone has a great election day and enjoyed your voting process.

No comments: