Tuesday, March 10, 2009

now and then


This past weekend was remarkable.  After 5 years apart I finally saw one of my favorite friends in the world.  There is so much I want to blog about that you may well get sick of hearing about my friend Jenny and I and what a wonderful friendship we have.

What is amazing to me is that after all the time apart, it still feels the same to be with her.  Jenny has a gift for making me want to be my best.  After seeing her I'm always ridiculously happy and in a great mood.  It has always been that way---I'm so glad she hasn't changed.  On the back cover of her new book, her co-author writes "she makes every one she comes in contact with feel like they are the most special person in the world."  That pretty much sums up Jenny.  

I did have a moment this weekend that made me feel so old however.  Jenny said,  "We have known each other for 14 years."  Then I thought,  yes,  I guess we have.  For some reason it seems like we just met a few years ago......then again I often forget that I'm 32, not 22.

Thanks Dear Jen,  for 14 wonderful years of friendship.    Thanks also for a simply perfect weekend.  

2 comments:

RYD said...

Is that Jenny B? Aw! Such a cute photo. How nice that you two have such a special friendship. Women rule! :)

8invitations.com said...

This is my favorite post EVER in the history of blogging! Thank you for your amazing comment on the unwritten travels blog. I love you so dearly!

I have never seen that picture of us in college-so fun!