Friday, April 25, 2008

springtime treats

Spring treats are the best......not counting the pollen that drives me crazy! My eyes are almost swollen shut today....aargh!!!
But I'm glad I can squint through the puffiness of my allergies to realize I have these joys to savor.

Zander planting seeds in these adorable little pots. He also planted some seeds outside his playroom window. Cross your fingers and hope something grows for him!




My perennials are starting to bloom this week. I love my irises. They have spread completely to surround both sides of my house this year. What a good drought-hardy plant! They weren't watered at all last year (due to the watering ban) and they still spread beautifully. I love being able to go outside and pick bouquets of flowers!




And a great refreshing glass of lemonade. It was perfect to sip on yesterday in our 80 degree weather while watching the kids play. Here is the recipe that came from my mom & dad (I'm not sure which one perfected the ratio of lemons to sugar, so I'll credit them both).
Juice from 6-7 lemons
2 cups sugar
1 gallon water
Mix together and enjoy!

No comments: