Sunday, December 9, 2007

cookie party prep

So I decided it would be a great plan to invite my next-door neighbors over to help me prepare for my cookie party. I called and said, "I'll bake & decorate, you all can talk to me and help, and we'll have a few drinks."

We started out being so good........







We were working so hard for the first hour or so.......

Then we started talking, laughing, and the girls just BEGGED me to just sit down and relax with them. Have some fun!!!

I kept saying, "No, No, I have to bake one more batch!!!"
After much arm twisting and their final persuasion that it wasn't truly necessary for me to bake 7 different kinds of cookies, 6 would be sufficient......I broke down and joined them. (You know it was SOOOO Hard to persuade me!)





We stayed up way too late......I was way too tired when my beautiful children decided to get up in the morning.....but it was so worth it! I got ready for the party like a walking zombie but was thankfully revived by the time 2:00 rolled around.

I can't think of a better way to prepare for a cookie exchange. I wouldn't trade my fun times with my neighbors (who are turning into the most wonderful friends) for anything.

No comments: