Friday, December 28, 2007

good medicine

This morning I woke up and read my inspirational reading. The verse today was

"A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones." Proverbs 17:22

I can't think of a more appropriate morning to read this. Once again my endometriosis symptoms are back and troubling me. Yesterday I was in constant, excruciating pain.......and feeling sorry for myself. I'm just tired of dealing with this. I've done this for over 20 years. I have gone through surgeries, pills, hormones, and herbal treatments.......why, oh why?

So this morning I decided to embrace the scripture reading with my heart and soul. Nothing else has helped, so why not try a cheerful heart?

How has my heart been cheerful today?

* Well, instead of stressing about getting the house clean, I'm doing it as I can and when I feel good. This in itself makes me cheerful! I've also been so grateful for this rainy day. Sometimes rain & clouds seem so welcoming....
* I let Zander watch all of his new Curious George movie. It was such a cute movie! I actually want to sit down and watch it al myself sometime!
* I have not rushed my children as they went to the potty today. I have read all the books they have wanted and let them go sit on the potty all they have wanted. (I think I've read "Dora, Say Cheese" at least 10 times today & have spent more than an hour of our time in there.....they REALLY LOVE the potty.)
* I have been working on some craft projects that allow me to be creative and therefore happy.
* Both of my kids are asleep so I took a shower AND painted my toenails! Just a little bit of bright lipstick and I'll look fabulous!

Yes, I'm still very crampy and downing the pain pills every chance I get. But I do feel better. Everything seems bearable and I feel so lucky to be living the life I'm living. Instead of wanting to crawl into bed to deal with the pain, I'm going to face it head on and do the things I enjoy.

A Cheerful Heart is indeed good medicine!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for You!!!!

Mom

Misty said...

Scripture is so good for the soul! We need to feed it and keep it healthy too!
I am also taking it easy and enjoying my time off. We need to get together soon. We miss you guys!
Happy New Year!
~Misty :)