Sunday, December 9, 2007

cookie party



I kept opening the door and what did I find?
The loveliest friends with cookies of every kind...

Chocolate Chip, Mexican Wedding Cakes, Oatmeal Raisins too,
Mint Thins, Peanut Butter Haystacks, & Candy Fudge to chew.
Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal was Zander's delight,
White Chocolate Dreams were so yum, the Stars so light.
And oh the bars....So Chewy.....So Many to taste...
Candy Fudge, Five Layer, Molasses Walnut, Don't let them go to Waste!
The Butterfinger cookies were gone in a minute
And the sugar cookies were festive with holiday spirit!

The cookies were sweet but not the most special part,
It was seeing my friends so close to my heart.
Seeing my book club friends, catching up with old pals.....
Laughing along with all my neighborhood gals.
Sharing stories about our families and what is going on,
Saying "We must get together again, it has been way too long."

So today as I finish cleaning up our cookie party mess,
I reflect and think of how I'm truly blessed.
I'm so lucky to have all of my friends to share time with-
it fills the holiday season with great love and bliss!

No comments: