Tuesday, March 4, 2008

cowboy take me away

I said I wanna touch the earth
I wanna break it in my hands
I wanna grow something wild and unruly
Oh it sounds so good to me

Cowboy take me away
Fly this girl as high as you can
Into the wild blue
Set me free oh I pray
Closer to heaven above and
Closer to you







How the kids love the song "Cowboy take me Away" by the Dixie Chicks. AND how they love to play cowboys.....cowboys that ride tractors and pooh cars to go buy sushi & pizza, that is.
Maybe they are channeling my childhood spirit......the one who thought she was Cowgirl Jane. Once, in first grade I actually dressed up like a cowgirl to go to school and refused to be called Korisa, only Cowgirl Jane.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember that phase of your life and now you can remember your children wanting to be cowboy and cowgirl!