Thursday, May 29, 2008

a new way to cook

Once again my friend Kara gave me some great info that further inspired me-if I'm ever ridiculously rich, I'm gonna pay her to be my personal advisor for her knowledge. She told me about this site, Crockpot365, with is a woman's blog about making something in the slow cooker every day of the year. Some of the recipes seemed fun to try and some I'll never fix. But what a fun thing to do!

So I've been inspired to do something similar on a much smaller scale. Each week I plan my menu while sorting through my 34 (yes, 34) cookbooks, many cooking magazines, online cooking sites, & box of recipe cards.

Now, I'm not complaining. I actually do enjoy it. Honestly, planning my menu is probably one of my favorite times of the week. I am , however, wasting a lot of time that I could use playing with the kiddos, cleaning, or crafting.

So to simplify I'm going to pick one cookbook each week to choose my recipes from.





This week I'm using one of my oldies but goodies, Cooking Light Annual Recipes 2005.
I'm especially looking forward to the following meals:
Eggplant Stew over Couscous
Peppery Chicken Pasta Salad
Mac & Cheese Florentine
Frittata with Mushrooms, Linguine, and Basil

I'll be sure to let you know if I cook some fun things out of cookbooks or sites in the future.
One last question though...
How much time am I saving if I'm blogging to you about it?



On a side note.....

Happy Birthday to one of my most faithful readers!!! I know you're reading this, Kim!

No comments: