Friday, June 5, 2009

teaching again


This week I have been away, in Kentucky, for Vacation Bible School. I take my kids because I remember going to Bible School each year as a child---and it is one of my fondest memories.


I have played the piano for the program the past two years but this year I also taught the preschool class.  It was a busy week, to say the least!

But I loved it.  When people ask me now, "Do you miss teaching? since I left the profession right before Z was born,  I usually say,  "No way,  how do I even have time to miss it?"

Just give me a little taste of it though and I can honestly say I do miss it.  

I don't miss the long hours (anyone who thinks a teacher works from 7:00-3:00 is sadly mistaken),  I don't miss the stacks of papers,  I don't miss the filing and documentation,  I don't miss the drama and political crap that rotates so quickly through the school.

I miss the important people.  The little guys.  It was good for me to teach this week.  Now I want to get my kiddos and myself back onto a schedule and do lessons on a regular basis again. 
I do activities with them often but lately I've just been surviving the day.  It is time to plan some educational fun!!!  (I'll post my "revised" schedule on 2Tots2Teach later today).

Just take a look at my sweet class and you'll see why working with them was a blast....





























1 comment:

Tiffany said...

The funny part is most people think teachers have it sooooo easy.....they should come walk in our shoes for one day and see just how easy it is. LOL I'm glad you got the opportunity to teach because teaching will never leave you. Do you plan to go back when both kiddos are in school?