Tuesday, January 22, 2008

reading

We shouldn't teach great books; we should teach a love of reading.
B. F. Skinner




One of my top goals as a mother is to make my children love books. I love books......it is and has always been one of life's greatest pleasures for me. I love to smell books...I love to read about books....I love to go to bookstores and libraries...I love to talk about books.....I love to share them with children and read aloud to them....
My dream of when I'm retired or when I win the lottery is to volunteer at the public library. Wouldn't that be the dreamiest job....

So when I see how much my children enjoy feeling, looking, and reading books I just beam with pride and joy. Enjoy the video of my little joy reading her farm book.

2 comments:

Misty said...

Being a kindergarten teacher...reading is one of the most important things to teach a child to love.
Look forward to hearing from you. I am doing OK after my almost 6 hour surgery on Thursday. Read my blog or email me for updates.
~Misty :)

8invitations.com said...

speaking of loving books...the poisonwood bible...one of my favs! is this your first reading of it?

and this weeks must try recipe--also one of my favorites :)