Friday, January 11, 2008

while you nap away, mommy will play

Or so I wish I could......
My crafty distracted mind is at it again. I'm trying to rush through the necessary household chores so I can start my newest project. I had a brainstorm last night about how to make the cutest puppets to go with Brown Bear, Brown Bear by Eric Carle. I know the kids will LOVE them and I am just itching to get started....
Here are the supplies....


I'll have to be sneaky to get started however.
I can just hear my dear husband now..."Aren't you making a baby quilt right now?" and "I thought you were going to make a scrapbook calendar." and the one I've heard since 2004"Are you ever going to finish Michael & Teri's wedding gift you started?"

As you can see, I have great intentions to finish all of these things. I've even made a handy-dandy schedule on a calendar (its sole purpose is to schedule crafts). "

I do usually get things finished if it is absolutely necessary (except for Michael & Teri's wedding gift) but I feel that is part of being creative and crafty. Sometimes you just have to go with your heart not your mind. And right now my heart says, "Oh please make some cute puppets...please, please, please!"

So now I must let you go while I quickly clean the floors and put the dishes up....my absolutely necessary chores of the afternoon....I hope I at least have time to sketch out my puppet designs. And I hope to share them with you soon!!!

2 comments:

Tee Tee said...

So I see that our gift is still on the back burner. (I can't believe it) I'm just kidding. We've went this long without it, what will a little while longer do to us. We love ya!!!

craftykorisa said...

Yeah, I hope to get it to you sometime in 2008.......We'll see......