Monday, February 25, 2008

domestic laundry bliss

We should all do what, in the long run, gives us joy, even if it is only picking grapes or sorting the laundry.
E. B. White




Usually on a Monday I run around in a frenzy.....trying to accomplish 15-16 things on my To-Do List . But not today---I am focused on completing one task----the laundry.

I came upon this idea about a week ago when chatting with some neighbors during girls' night (is it not perhaps a little sad we were discussing laundry during our night out?) but anyhow...two of them were saying that they did all of their laundry at once. I just questioned..."HOW???" I can't seem to ever get my laundry together. I even made a schedule a year ago....

I usually manage to get my assigned loads in the washer and dryer but by the end of the day, after I've tried to run to the grocery, vacuum, clean bathrooms, etc, I usually end up piling the clean clothes on the guest bed like this...

Thank goodness we have so many guests or I would probably have 3000 pounds of clean laundry sitting there, just waiting to be folded and put away.

So I've been diligently working today towards my goal of domestic laundry bliss and it isn't going half bad. It is much easier to get to the washer when it buzzes when you have told yourself that you are not vacuuming today. And I have great helpers. Zander loves putting the clothes in the washer. He also reminds me to go get them out when he hears the buzzer!



I hope this new method of doing laundry does seem to lesson my load.....hehe. We shall see. If this works just think of the domestic blissful state I will be in. If not, I'm sure I'll be as happy as Kaya about this entire laundry business....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You think women were right when they set aside Monday as laundry dry? My grandchildren look so grown up!!! They will proably doing the laundry before long.

8invitations.com said...

Isn't that weird that we both posted pictures of hangers this week? I had not read this blog until after I posted mine. We are deeply connected, dear one!