Monday, February 11, 2008

madness of a monday

Every Monday it seems that I make myself become a mad frenzied woman. I don't know why I have it in my mind that I need to catch up on everything that I didn't get done the previous week. Like I will EVER catch up.
This was my to-do list for today......

Now, I didn't include taking care of two toddlers, unpacking from a trip, cooking 3 meals and general daily housekeeping tasks on the list......
Do you think maybe I have a problem with overplanning?
After being in pain for the past few months I decided to revamp my diet and exercise to see if that would help me out. Today, however, my new diet and fitness plan seemed to add to my stress. Yes, I want to be healthy BUT should it be this hard to accomplish it!!! Unfortunately drinking a couple of glasses of wine or a couple of bottles of beer don't count for my exercise in my new plan.....I had to walk off my stress instead! Oh, the torture!!

So tonight, after dinner and putting the kids to bed, I decided to tackle the mound of dishes that appeared between noon and night........why must that always happen???? The dishes just grow out of my sink........ I suddenly decided, wait....."Do I really have to get all of these things done today? What would be so terrible if I just left the dishes until tomorrow?"
NOTHING, Absolutely Nothing is terrible about it! I accomplished half of the items on my madness of a monday list so I must reward myself now. By taking a long relaxing bath, reading a book, and watching Law & Order. So now I can have a mellow of a monday evening.....

No comments: