Thursday, August 28, 2008

mystery date

A few days ago, Matt told me, "Make sure you take it easy on Wednesday because after we go to Red Lobster with your parents I have something planned for you."

So, I was very curious about what my mystery date was. Even after arriving at Red Monster (that is what the kids call it) I still had no clue what was in store for the evening.




Imagine my surprise when I found out my date wasn't even Matt. It was my dad.


We went and had a blast watching my very favorite singer, Rod Stewart. Who I'm happily calling my other date.





This was the second Rod concert Dad and I have gone to together. He is such a performer and I always love his energetic shows. I could go many more times, with Dad of course, and be happy!

I think it is so special because we both LOVE Rod Stewart music. Dad got me started early listening to his greatest hits. I'm so fortunate that we have that special bond and such great music to share. One of my fondest memories of childhood is dancing with Dad in the kitchen while we listened to all of the "oldies" music.

Thanks Matt for providing such a great early birthday gift. Thanks Rod for the incredible concert. And Thanks Dad for always making our concerts together so special.

2 comments:

8invitations.com said...

What a great surprise. Every time I hear a Rod Stewart song, I thing of you.

YOU are so hot! I bet Rod noticed :)

RYD said...

Okay, your husband rocks! I would love to have that surprise. Glad you had a nice time. Now I, too, will think of you when I hear Rod! :)