Saturday, August 2, 2008

see what you do for ME

A couple of days ago I received a wonderful message from my dear friend, Rachel. It was a lengthy one telling me all about her day. It kind of went like this--
"Hey there Aunt Korisa. We have already played with sidewalk chalk, had milk on the picnic table, drawn a picture, played with the new sand-water table, did sticker art, our day has been fabulous. See what you do for me."

Her message and compliment was the highlight of my week. I was tickled pink to hear her message about her new crafty mom lifestyle with Savannah.

Last week we had a wonderful visit with her. Too bad these visits are only once a year. While they were here I had Savannah participate in all of our daily "centers" and art activities. Rachel loved it and said she was going to ship Savannah down once a year for Camp Korisa. We all had a blast! But what was extra special for me was Rachel's willingness and desire to start doing the same things with Savannah at home. I always knew she had it in her!

There is nothing more precious than spending daily life with a good friend.....except spending daily time with that friend's child. So, Rachel, thanks for the sweet words and compliment. But see what you do for me. You made me have a perfect week---by spending the week with you and your family. I can't wait to do it again!!!




Also, to my Golden Friends Rachel and Carmon, have a fabulous birthday! I'll be thinking of you and wishing I could celebrate with you all day.

No comments: